ComiCon Erie Marketplace Terms & Conditions
- Participation in the ComiCon Erie Marketplace is available only to 2020/2021 vendors/artists of the ComiCon Erie event.
- All registered vendors for the 2020 ComiCon Erie will be offered the opportunity to register and build a store that will be held on the marketplace.
- Vendors that agree to transfer any monies paid for the 2020 event to the 2021 event to be held September 10th – 12th will have no set up fees.
- Due to COVID-19 any vendors that were contracted for the 2020 event and decide to receive a refund of monies paid and not transferred to the 2021 event will be subject to a one time nonrefundable set-up fee of $25 to participate in the marketplace.
- Any NEW vendors that sign up and submit a contract and 50% deposit for participation in the 2021 ComiCon Erie will have no set up fees for participation. A new vendor is one that was not contracted for space in the 2020 event.
- Erie Promotions reserves the right to cancel the ComiCon Erie Marketplace at any time.
The ComiCon Erie Marketplace is only available for vendors of the 2020/2021 ComiCon Erie. This marketplace gives vendors the opportunity to showcase their products to the ComiCon Erie market area. All Vendors/Artists are responsible for managing their listing of products. Only products that are available and fit the ComiCon theme will be permitted to be listed on your store. Artists & Vendors are required to follow these selling guidelines:
- All listing policies will be strictly enforced by Erie Promotions.
- A marketplace store will be required to be opened by each participating vendor. Follow the registration guidelines.
- You are responsible to pay any state sales taxes collected for your store. The store will collect shipping & taxes, these proceeds will be sent to you monthly with your proceeds of sales.
- Once the item is sold, you are responsible for shipping the products within 5 days of sale.
- There is no cost to list your items on the marketplace.
- ComiCon Erie will collect a 10% seller’s fee from each item that you sell on the ComiCon Erie Marketplace. This fee will help to recover costs of website & credit card fees, etc.
- Erie Promotions will manage all collection of proceeds from the sale of your items.
- Erie Promotions will remit to you your funds less the 10% seller’s fee on a monthly basis.
- Vendors/Artists are responsible for any refunded items. If vendor/artist has any chargebacks or monies due Erie Promotions for the marketplace activities, these monies will be deducted from sales proceeds.
As a seller or advertiser on ComiCon Erie Marketplace, it is your responsibility to comply with all laws and regulations and with Erie Promotions policies when listing and describing your products. We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel for questions about the laws and regulations concerning your listings.
Selling privileges will be restricted or removed if a seller’s account does not adhere to our policies. Violations of Erie Promotion’s listing policies will result in cancellation of listings and suspension of listing privileges.
Erie Promotions reserves the right to make judgments in its sole discretion about whether or not a listing is appropriate.
- Any listings that include the following will not be approved, Nudity, extreme graphic violence, offensive gestures, Adult products, tobacco products or paraphernalia, weapons, ammunition or explosives (non- working cosplay items are acceptable), and any other item that Erie Promotions deems inappropriate for the ComiCon Marketplace.
- The description of the item must match the item.
- Only physical items will be permitted. No services or actions will be permitted.
- Items must be available for shipping within 5 days of notification of purchase.
- No food, beverage or candy items will be permitted.
- No illegal, prescription or recreational drugs or alcohol will be permitted.
- Breaching or circumventing of any laws, regulations, and third-party rights is prohibited.
- You cannot use the ComiCon Marketplace if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old)
- Posting false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory content is prohibited.
- It is prohibited to infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to someone or a company other than yourself.
- It is prohibited to infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of our Services or post content that does not belong to you.
How do I start my store?
Follow the step by step instructions to register and build your store. Contact Tom at ComiCon Erie for any questions or help needed. firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-790-5079
When do I get paid for the items that I sell?
Erie Promotions will collect all monies for sold items from the customers. We will remit a check to you with the 10% seller’s fees deducted every month. Only credit cards will be accepted for payment on the marketplace. If vendor/artist has any chargebacks or monies due Erie Promotions for the marketplace activities, these monies will be deducted from proceeds.
What is the cost to sell items on the ComiCon Erie Marketplace?
You will be charged a 10% fee to sell items. This fee will help to pay for the website and any credit card fees incurred. There is no cost to list an item.
How do I determine shipping costs?
You will have several options to list for shipping fees. We suggest you list a flat fee for shipping that is fair and reasonable. It needs to be listed on the site under shipping.
Do I have to collect and pay PA state taxes?
Yes, you will need to follow any rules and regulations determined by the state of Pennsylvania for collection and remittance of sales tax. You can view the following document for details and instructions. PA TAX. The Marketplace is not responsible for these payments. Any tax collected at point of sale will be remitted to you monthly by EPE for your filing and is not subject to the 10% seller’s fees.
Who is permitted to participate on the ComiCon Erie Marketplace?
Only vendors/artists of the 2020/2021 ComiCon Erie show season. See participation guidelines for details.
How will the ComiCon Erie Marketplace be promoted?
The ComiCon Erie Marketplace will be promoted to all past attendees of the event and posted on our social media entities. We encourage you to also promote the marketplace.
Can I list anything on the ComiCon Erie Marketplace?
No. You can only list items that would have been available at the ComiCon Erie event and fits the theme of the ComiCon. Any item that does not follow the listing policies will not be approved for sale on the marketplace. Erie Promotions reserves the right to remove any listing that it deems inappropriate for this marketplace.
How to start your Marketplace store
Follow the link to the Marketplace and complete the Registration fields (create a user name, attach your email address & create a password.) Check “Apply to become a vendor” and be sure to read and accept the Terms and Conditions. Once approved, you will receive an email with a link to your account. On “My Account” page, select “Vendor Admin” to begin building your store!
In your Vendor Admin Dashboard you can add an item by: Clicking “Add Product”
- Add the item’s Name, Description, Categories, Images, Price and S&H information.
- To add images; you will need to select “Set featured image” then upload images to your Media Library (additional images can be uploaded for your item’s Gallery.)
- To set a price; assign your item’s “Regular Price,” then you will be able to build a “Sale Price” if interested. If you would like to schedule a specific “Sale Period” you can click ”Schedule” under the “Sale Price” to select the dates the sale will be offered through.
- Next, select the “Inventory” tab above the price field and check “Manage Stock.” Now you can apply the available Quantity in Stock, the possibility of allowing Backorders, and activating Low Stock Threshold email notifications.
- To assign Shipping Fees, select the “Shipping” tab next to “Inventory.” You can add the necessary shipping rates to your items after selecting “Add Rate.” We would like to recommend using Flat Rate Boxes or Regional Rate Boxes to plan your shipping options. If you have any need for including Product Handling Fees or assigning Maximum Shipping Charges, you can do that here as well.
- If you would like to Cross-Link any of your other items, select “Linked Products” and search for any of your store’s previously posted items that you would like to try and Up-Sell/Cross-Sell.
Don’t forget to “Add Product” or “Save Draft” at the bottom of the page once completed! You will be able to edit later if necessary.